HR Legal Update: Summary for employers – what changes will EU Directives bring?
On 8th February 2023 the Polish Parliament passed a long-awaited amendment to the Labour Code concerning the provisions of two EU directives on transparent and predictable working conditions in the European Union and on work-life balance for parents and caregivers. Here are the major changes that employers need to look out for in the months to come.
- Fixed-term employment contracts.
- Probationary employment contracts.
- Additional employment of an employee.
- Equal treatment in employment.
- Information on conditions of employment.
- Carer’s leave.
- Parental leave.
- Paternity leave.
- Excused absence from work.
- Request for more predictable and safer working conditions.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Training provided by the employer during working hours.
- Work breaks.
- Protection of working parents.
Download the PDF here.